Hey party people!
Isn’t it wonderful to roll up a blanket, pull out the lawn chairs and pack a picnic lunch?! It’s a great way to enjoy a beautiful day.
Much like a purse makes an outfit…a picnic basket makes a picnic.
I’ve scouted out 6 affordable and fun picnic baskets that will be the perfect accessory to your outdoor meal.
1. Barrel Picnic Basket (Bed Bath & Beyond) $69.99 - Think outside the picnic “box” and go with a barrel-type basket.
2. Wine & Cheese Tote (World Market) $39.95 – If you’re just bringing a small picnic for an outdoor concert or a romantic night under the stars, this is perfect. They also make great hostess gifts!
3. Rattan Picnic Basket (Pottery Barn) $39.99 – (This is clearance, so I’m not sure how long it will last.) I love the country feel to this basket. It makes me want to go have my picnic in a field of wildflowers.
4. Plaid Metal Picnic Basket (World Market) $17.99 – Isn’t this one cool & retro-looking? It’d be perfect for toting around your 4th of July meal.
5. Picnic Basket for 2 (Fab) $50 – I love the wine holder on the side. Create an inexpensive date night by carrying this out to a local park for a romantic meal under the stars.
6. Insulated, Collapsible Picnic Basket (PicnicFun.com) $47.75 – Insulated to keep the food fresh & collapsible for easy storage. Fun & practical picnic basket.
Now, let’s talk about the contents…
Keep your food fresh, mess-free, and cute in mason jars! Serve salads, desserts, and even toppings in jars so each picnic attendee can have their own serving.
Don’t have any mason jars? Save your old jam, pasta sauce, and pickle jars to use instead.
Another thing I do is save my plastic strawberry containers or other plastic produce containers. I use these plastic containers to create individual picnic lunches. Pack a sandwich, some fruit, chips & a cookie for each guest.
You can also use these containers to carry a dessert, like cookies. Add a pretty piece of tissue paper & a bow and it becomes an attractive serving dish.
What are your tricks when you pack a picnic? Do you normally go to a local park or an outdoor concert?
Hope your summer is filled with celebrations and laughter so far!